We’ve all had weeks like this — the kind where you are racing around wondering how things got so busy and how we will juggle it all. It’s like that for me and will remain so until Tuesday morning.
Today’s post by my friend Susan Stabile on her blog, Creo en Dios could not have come at a better time. She offers a running list of strategies for handling stress. Here is my simplified version with a couple of additions in no particular order:
- Keep an ongoing “grocery list” of gratitude.
- Get enough sleep. (Obvious but we need constant reminder!)
- Exercise! (Good intentions don’t count)
- Learn to say, No!
- Pray the Serenity Prayer, especially the part about accepting what you cannot change.
- Laugh — often, for any reason at all and fake it ’til you make it!
- Befriend the benefits of stress like ability to remain focused and on track.
- And my personal favorite — BREATHE! Too often I catch myself holding my breath. Breathing in and out really helps!
- Try to keep an even keel — one way might be to consider the alternative!
Add to this list as you find helpful. I am grateful for my friend Susan, one of the busiest and most productive people I know. You may access her post [here].